Friday, September 7, 2007

Tilapia with Lemon and Capers


I know tilapia isn't a vegetable. But I do occassionally eat fish and figured I'd share the recipe.



  • Four tilapia fillets (mine were frozen, I defrosted them under running water for ten minutes.)
  • 1 jar or lemon and caper sauce (or you can make it)
  • Handful of Italian parsley
  • Fresh dill, as much as you like (I like a lot!)
  • One clove of garlic
  • One fresh lemon
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt & Pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large skillet, brown one clove of fresh garlic with the olive oil.
  3. Add parsley and dill (save some dill for later)
  4. Add jar of lemon and caper sauce
  5. Place fillets in small baking dish
  6. Pour sauce over fish
  7. Squeeze a half of fresh lemon over fish, add salt and pepper
  8. Bake for 20 minutes, broil for two minutes.
  9. Serve with some more freshly squeezed lemon and sprinkle some more fresh dill on top.

I also made sliced some cherry tomatoes in a bowl, added extra virgin olive oil, fresh mint, salt and pepper and served on the side of the fish.

No comments: