Saturday, December 8, 2007

Turkey, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Sandwich


I recently discovered Tofurky deli slices. The only meat I really miss the taste of is turkey so I grabbed this immediately. (Also, try the Quorn Turkey if you can find it. It's been sold out at my grocery store for months. It's a turkey loaf that you roast in the oven.)
Anyway, here's a protein packed breakfast sandwich for ya:
  • 1 egg
  • 2 slices (or however many you prefer) of Tofurkey deli sliced turkey
  • 1 slice of cheese
  • 2 slices of bread
  1. Place the bread in your toaster.
  2. Break the egg on a hot skillet. I prefer to break the yolk for a sandwich. Flip it and place the egg on one piece of the toasted bread.
  3. Place the tofurky slices in you skillet. Quickly heat both sides and then add the slice of cheese on top of one slice and put the other slice on top of the cheese.
  4. After the cheese is slightly melted, place on top of the egg.
  5. Add salt and pepper and whatever condiment you choose (I prefer it plain) and have yourself a healthy and filling breakfast to start the day!