Saturday, February 9, 2008

Brown Rice with Green Tea with Brown Rice

If you read my blog, you know that one of my new obsessions is Green Tea with Brown Rice or Genmaicha.




Today I have ridiculous menstrual cramps and wanted something soothing for my stomach. Brown rice came to mind. But then I had an idea. Why not use Genmaicha to cook the brown rice?

So I brewed the amount of water I needed for my rice cooker with one teaspoon of loose Bancha (loose toasted green tea) and one teabag of Genmaicha and added some spices. It's delicious.

  • Green Genmaicha Tea and/or Bancha Tea (amount needed for your rice cooker or for boiling your rice)
  • Brown Rice (about two cups worth)
  • 1 small can of imported Italian lentils
  • Garlic Powder
  • Exotica Spice (mixture of coriander, cayenne, salt & pepper)
  • Pecorino Romano cheese
  1. Cook the brown rice in the hot green tea
  2. Add the lentils after rice is cooked
  3. Spinkle in garlic powder (eyeball it), spice and some grated cheese
  4. Relax and enjoy it

1 comment:

Jul said...

Hi Jules! I tried adding your blog to my rss reader today, but for some reason it couldn't recognize your feed. Do you have the rss feed turned off?